Hi folks, you know that I'm a DevOps Engineer by profession when it comes to the daily chores we have different scenarios where we will need different tools, today I will be speaking about a few tools that have been life-saving and made my life easy.
- Notepad → This is helpful in noting this down or as a basic code editor
sudo snap install notepad-plus-plus
2. VS Code
This one of the best code editors
You can download the packages from here. https://code.visualstudio.com/#alt-downloads
Then install the packages.
3. Terminator Terminal → This is an alternate terminal that has more features than the basic terminal
sudo apt-get install terminator
4. Postman → This tool is to test APIs and other end points.
sudo snap install postman
5. MS Teams → This is mostly for communication with the team. This tool can differ from company to company
6. FileZilla → This is one of the tools that make my work so easier, you can download a file from the server machine or upload content from the local machine to the remote server.
sudo apt-get install filezilla
7. MySQL Workbench → This is a GUI tool for accessing MySQL databases, I have already published an article on installing workbench.
8. VLC Player → We all need a media player other than the pre-installed player in Ubuntu
sudo apt install vlc